DIY: Homemade Snow Globe
Christmas is just around the corner and one of our favourite things to do in the run up to the big day is some DIY festive crafting! We wanted to share with you one of our cutest Christmas hacks from our latest shoots... the snow globe!
We all love the festive sparkle a snow globe brings! We couldn't believe how easy these beautiful keepsakes were to make until we had a go here at HQ! It really is simple - follow our 5 step instructions to create your very own snow globe.
Here’s what you will need:
- Mason jar - or any jar with a lid (even a jam jar... just make sure you wash it first)
- Plastic animal, trees, snowman... in fact anything you want to put inside your snow globe
- Waterproof glue
- Ribbon and string of bells to finish the jar (optional)
- Using waterproof glue, glue your snowman (or chosen accessory) to the inside of the Mason jar lid. Leave to dry completely. Depending on the glue this could take up to 24 hours - please check! TIP: try glue-ing your accessory to a small block or platform if there is small details you may not be able to see them when the lid is secured!
- Fill your Mason jar with water, glitter of your choice and a few drops of glycerin. TIP: the glycerin will help to create a slow swirling effect when the snow globe is shaken.
- Assemble your snow globe by placing the lid on the jar and then screwing the cap on. TIP: always make sure the lid is secure before turning the snow globe upside down! Glue-ing the lid on is always an option to avoid any possible leaks!
- Add a string of bells to the lid of the jar to create a festive sound when the jar is shaken! TIP: add a ribbon and bow and give your homemade snow globe to a friend or relative as a gift.
- Turn your Mason jar over... shake and enjoy!
Our favourite uses for the snow globe:
- Give them to friends and family as a homemade gift - you could even add your snow globe to a hamper filled with their favourite treats!
- Add to the mantlepiece for a super cute festive decoration
- Make mini snow globes and place one in each guests table place setting on Christmas day - personalise to each guests favourite colour or character
- Personalise your snow globe with names and initials for an extra special surprise
For more Christmas inspiration check out our #FlavoursofXmas Pinterest board.
Back to homepage