Get your sofa ready for Rio
It's less than one month until the biggest festival of sports kicks off again in Brazil. We all remember enjoying those fantastic moments from London 2012, and we're all hoping for similar highs to celebrate this time around. In addition, these big sporting moments are the perfect opportunity to bring friends and family together, to experience the action in one place, sharing all the emotions.
For most of us, that one place is going to be our living room. If you're looking at your living room right now and thinking 'How am I going to host a big group of people here?', DON'T WORRY. We've got you covered, with five top tips to get ready, get set and go when the action kicks off on August 5th.
1. Make sure you've got enough seats: pretty much the biggest factor. How many people are coming? How many can you squeeze on the sofa? What other chairs or objects can you make use of? Think bean bags, think cushions, think garden furniture, think footstools. If you need anything extra, check out our range of fast delivery products here. One of our favorites is the Zinc from our exclusive French Connection collection.
2. Make sure everyone is comfy: time to take a look at your team. Who is going to sit where? Who has special requirements? Who won't mind squeezing in and cuddling up? You want everyone in their right place. Those marginal gains helped Team GB in 2012, and they'll help you this year
3. Test out the angles and perspectives: success in sports is all about practice. It's no good getting your seats sorted and getting everyone comfy if they can't see the TV and end up missing Adam Peaty crushing it in the pool. Get the team over for a warm up, try out different layouts, think about height differentials. Leave no stone unturned in your quest for sporting perfection
4. Analyse the most efficient routes to refuel: if you're packing people in, make sure your supply lines stay clear - and make sure you've got someone up to the job of keeping your team refueled. We don't want to see anyone nodding off as Laura Trott comes round the bend and into the final straight
5. Make sure your re-hydration stations are well distributed and can be replenished: as with any high performance athlete, keeping properly hydrated while involved in sports is paramount. Even if you're only watching on the TV. Spread the drinks around, get those coasters laid out, and make sure the team's fluids point person is well trained and on it. Practice those tea rounds in advance if possibleThere you go. Our ultimate guide to getting your sofa (and living room) up to scratch to enjoy the best of Brazil this summer. And of course, we're on hand to provide design inspiration throughout August if you need to freshen up your approach before the summer's out.
Now's your chance to win £50 dwell vouchers with #GameOn - tweet us a picture to @dfs your of best 'sofa celebration' and include #GameOn. T&Cs: dfssof.as/tcs
Back to homepage